Saturday, February 17, 2018

Foxtel. Independant blog



IQ 3 picture: https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2015/03/foxtel-iq3-when-to-buy-it-and-when-to-avoid-it/
Wheelie Bin Picture : http://wheeliebinsonline.com.au/product/240-litre-wheelie-bin/

Back in 2015 I had decided to get pay T.V as a reward to myself for going a whole year without alcohol. I had a door-to-door sales representative offer me a great tv package deal and a 6 month contract. But now this reward has turned the opposite direction.

I am currently paying 20 dollars a month on this T.V service. I have 2 entertainment packages, a movie package and a music package. They pay me quarterly (55 dollars every three months), which seems like a lot but here is the reality.

  • You get the same amount of adds as you’d see on free to air TV
  • You have to pay more for add ons such as, adding another Channel, broadband adding another TV Package. This is on-top of your monthly subscription.
  • You get expencive late fees.
  • Poor streaming quality: Buffering inbetween streams, no reception when it’s raining as water running off satellite dish, playback quality on picture not very clear.

I honestly feel like I am being punished as a customer as a result. I also learned that it is party owned By Rupert Murdoch, Owning 100 percent of Foxtel Sports and partially owning Foxtel itself. (according to my online resources)

Foxtel’s customer service is OK though. However there used to be a number where you would be-able to call 24/7 and get more help. They changed this back in 2014. Why? Seems to be the million dollar question. I tried calling their 131 999 number twice to see if I could get around their trading hours and find another part of the call center to see if I could still disconnect their services. Turns out that if I need help on a Sunday now I guess I am stuck with the service another day. How appalling!

So I look into their competitors, who offer better streaming quality and charge nearly half the price. Complete opposite right?

I reckon that cable T.V is going down the drain as a result of all this. There are far more TV streaming options now. They won’t be able to keep up if they can’t meet with the customers needs.
They have certainly not met up with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Foxtel. Independant blog

IQ 3 picture: https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2015/03/foxtel-iq3-when-to-buy-it-and-when-to-avoid-it/ Wheelie Bin Picture : http://...